DECRA Roofing Systems, Inc. (hereafter “the Company”) hereby warrants to the original consumer purchaser (“Owner”) that each DECRA roofing panel (“Panel”) will: (1) remain free from manufacturing defects that would adversely affect the performance of the Panels; (2) be resistant to blow-offs in wind velocities up to 120 miles per hour; and (3) resist hail damage. For the purpose of this Warranty, hail damage is defined as follows: (1) penetration of hail stones completely through the panel; or (2) cracks or splits of the panel’s steel substrate around the point of impact.
Limitation of Liability
To the extent of those Panels actually containing defects in material or manufacturing workmanship which affect performance, the Company shall either repair or replace the defective panel, provided the Company’s liability shall be limited to a total expenditure not to exceed the reasonable replacement cost of the particular defective panel during the first twenty (20) years after installation and declining annually on a prorated basis for material only during the remaining thirty (30) years. The Company will attempt to replace defective Panels with the same color or design. However, color variations may exist between panels manufactured at different times and the Company may discontinue or change the design of a particular product profile. In any event, the Company reserves the right to replace the defective panel with a panel of similar design and color.
This Limited Warranty may be transferred by the original owner to the subsequent property owner during the first ten (10) years after the product’s initial installation provided the transfer information (property address, original owner, new owner) is mailed to the Company within 30 days from the change of property ownership. Notice of the ownership change must be sent via mail to the Company at the noted address.
Attn: DECRA Warranty Dept. 1230 Railroad Street
Corona, CA 92882
This Warranty is subject to the following conditions:
- A written notice of defect and a copy of the original proof of purchase must be sent by mail to the Company at its’ address set forth above. The notice must contain the name and address of the owner of the claimed defective panel or panels and must describe the defect in detail.
The Company shall not be liable for, and this Limited Warranty does not apply to, any damages to the Panels or any other property because of any reason other than the specific defects in materials or manufacturing workmanship defined in the Limited Warranty. Causes not covered in this Warranty include: (1) damage resulting from defects, movement or subsidence in the structure on which the roof is installed; (2) abusive foot traffic resulting from a variance in the manufacturer’s instructions; (3) damage to the panels caused by any application of cleaning solutions, paints, coatings or modifications of any kind; (4) damage to the Panels caused by misuse, neglect, or improper handling during or after installation; or (5) damage caused by failure to follow the manufacturer’s installation instructions. A separate warranty covering the installation of Panels may be made available by the installation contractor.
- This Warranty is the only warranty the Company makes with respect to the DECRA roofing panels it sells. Dealers and installers of DECRA roofing panels are not authorized to extend or modify the terms of this Warranty in any manner.
- THE COMPANY SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR SPECIAL DAMAGE OR LOSS OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGE CAUSED BY LEAKS). SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL
DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- THERE SHALL BE NO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY
OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE BEYOND THE TERM OF THIS WARRANTY OR BEYOND THE TERM PRESCRIBED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE IN WHICH THE PANELS ARE SOLD IF THAT TERM IS SHORTER THAN THE TERM OF THIS WARRANTY. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- No warranty shall apply to any DECRA roofing panel modified, altered or changed in design or function after it has left the factory, except when the alteration is required by the manufacturer’s installation instructions.
The replacement of any DECRA roofing panel by the Company shall not extend the term of this Warranty except as required by law.
- This Warranty gives the original purchaser of DECRA roofing panels specific legal rights and you may also have other rights under state or federal law.
- If any provision of this “Limited Warranty” is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, void or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall nevertheless continue in full force without being impaired or invalidated in any way.